F. D. Moon Elementary School (GreatSchools.com Details)
Douglass High School (GreatSchools.com Details)
About Lincoln Terrace
Located between the State Capitol complex to the northwest, and the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences campus to the south, Lincoln Terrace was part of the land owned by John J. Culbertson, who also donated the plot on which the Capitol was built. The first two homes were built by 1918, about 75 more in the 1920s, and the rest during the 1930s until halted by the Great Depression.
Many of the homes were built by G.A. Nichols, who also developed many of the characteristic neighborhoods of 1920s and 30s Oklahoma City. The birth and development of Lincoln Terrace was part of the local boom of oil fields right around the Capitol. Lincoln Boulevard, the west edge of Lincoln Terrace, still has producing oil wells along its length.
Capitol-Lincoln Terrace Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places (Zoned Historic Preservation)
The styles in this district range from Spanish to some of the best examples of Georgian Colonial and Tudor, including the Governor’s Mansion.
Previous residents include three former state governors: Roy J. Turner, Johnston Murray, and Robert S. Kerr; General W. S. Key (Commander of 45th Inf. in WWII), Orel Busby (State Supreme Court Justice), George Shirck (former OKC mayor), Bishop Thomas Casady (namesake of Casady School).
The particular boundaries of this district are meant to encompass the cohesiveness of age, style, and size. The houses are mostly in Lincoln Terrace addition, but there are also a few from Howes Capitol, Johnsons Sub, and State Capitol Amended, that have survived the growth of the State Capitol complex and the OU Health Sciences campus.
Lincoln Terrace East Historic District (National Register of Historic Places)
Capitol-Medical Center Improvement and Zoning Commission District